Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Softball Semi-finals

  1. #11
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Softball Semi-finals

    Travis must have them back on the upswing. They were really tough around 99-01 as well. The softball tournament should be pretty good. GC is definetly the favorite, but Honaker and Haysi are very even, with good pitching. TS is no slouch, and Castlewood is young, but real good and quick. A defense has to be on its toes facing the Devils.

    I think a GC/CW matchup may be a real good game considering how much CW likes to bunt with their speed.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #12
    Inactive Member GCDAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    201
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Softball Semi-finals

    It will be a good tournament. At this point in the season if you dont bring your "A" game, you may be going home. I know that each team has a pitcher capable of shutting the other team down. As is usually the case, I think the team that makes the fewest mistakes will come out on top. At this point, 1 or 2 runs can win the ball game. Last year we won the quarter-finals & semi-finals 1-0.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Softball Semi-finals

    I think this may be the best tourny in a long time. Chelsea is the top pitcher around, but Compton, Slate, Baker, and CW's can all bring it, and be a little crafty.

    It amazes me Chelsea isn't getting in pub from bigger colleges than she is. She may not have quite the speed Tincher has, but it isn't that far off I don't believe. Plus she is a good kid, and deserving of it.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #14
    Inactive Member GCDAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    201
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Softball Semi-finals

    From the regional tournament on, pitching and defense is whats its all about. The team that can generate a few runs can win. I agree, I'm really surprised she hasnt gotten more attention. She pitched in 3 consecutive final 4's & her numbers speak for themselves. I know she's talked to several colleges this week. Hopefully something good will come from these talks. She's been a huge part of our success the last 4 years. Somebody will be getting a quality pitcher.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •